Sunday, May 18, 2008

Vegemite, Dragon Fruit, & Tofu


Today involved running on the beach in the morning, and hitting the markets this afternoon... The run on the beach is really the best way to work out, unless you are Curtis who says that running hurts, period. BTW, for anyone wondering my digestive system is back on track...just to clear up any pending questions.


Chad's diet proves interesting for our "take home chef". Curtis has to appease many taste buds, and diets. One thing that does not appeal to any of our taste buds is vegemite, which the australians are a proud producer since 1929. Tonights menu was stir fry with tofu for Chad, and shrimp only for Heather with peanuts. Then there was dragon fruit for dessert, which needs something else with it, and we have yet to come up with the correct additive. There is not much taste, but I suppose that matches with there flowers that don't smell.


Coollangatta, has been a bit cool, but some meaningful conversation sitting in a hot tub for two hours has warmed our bodies, and exhausted our minds.


Tomorrow has yet to be decided, but Heather is headed somewhere... Now for another game of pitch (cards).

6 comments:

mom said...

You're navigating through Australia and I'm navigating through blogs. :)
BTW, it's fun! Though I've a few questions, I'll not risk embarrassment on this adventure. Sounds like you guys are having a great time and missing all of us terribly. Can you get McDonald's coffee there? I'm sure you've tried. :) Love you.

mom said...

I need to check to see if this went, because it would not accept my password earlier.

Meredith Adair said...

You gotta keep trying Vegimite!! That was my favorite when I was a kid - I even have a jar of it in my cupboard now : )

Where was the kangaroo?

Barb said...

It was great seeing you at the airport...and even better seeing here that you survived Sydney and are on your way up the coast. Don't hit any wombats on the way! How many times have you turned on the windshield wipers?? Can't wait to hear all the details... rachel made it back in great shape! - Barb

Lance White said...

Okay, this is the first time I've been able to check your blog -- mostly because the internet was so sporadic at the other place. We have it all the time here!! :)

I have read your blogs and am laughing OUT LOUD (old men in speedos, digestive issues, Deliverance, Chad's new fun diet). Your pictures are great. We will continue to read and post our thoughts. Can't wait to post about my wreck. Today. In Ireland.

Love you both,
Kayla

Amber Coats said...

Cyndy; Yes, we can get McDonald's coffee, but have opted to try the other six bakeries that are surrounding our place..

Meredith; Are you crazy!!! Vegemite is awful, and I hope you are not feeding it to Connor and Audrey : )

Kayla; So good to hear from you!! I haven't checked your blogspot in a while, and expect to read about your wreck :( Please tell me you are alright!

Barb; It was great to see you and Rachel at the airport, surreal for me. Everything you told us at the airport, now holds more meaning with our experience. The windshield wipers are a killer, and then trying to figure out how to shut them off proves challenging as well.