Thursday, October 15, 2009

Chad's Bday

Last Sunday Chad and I did dinner and a movie to celebrate him turning 38! We went to "couples retreat", and out to Shogun's. As soon as the movie is over I hit the ground running to the restroom. As I'm waiting for Chad to come out, he is limping. "What happened?", I ask. He climbed over the railing that is in front of the first row of chairs, and jumped down to the ground. He said he heard a pop and appeared to be in some pain, but maybe he could just walked it off, and still wanted to go out to eat.
Shogun's was great, and Chad had some glenlevit to attempt to ease his pain. As the dinner is over and we are about to get up, he looks at me and says I don't know if I can walk out of this place. I absolutely cannot read my husband when it comes to extreme pain! I was wondering why in the world we hadn't gone home at least since going to a doctor and finding out if it was broken was out of the question. No way is Chad going to wear a cast for 6wks. and as heartless as it sounds...I don't want to deal with my husband in a cast for 6wks!!
Anyway, I get right next to him and tell him to use me as support, and we hobbled our way to the vehicle. After getting home, of course, I force him to ice it, wrap his ankle, and elevate it above his heart.
Next morning...he is headed to work, and I'm not going to stop him. I mean really there is no stopping him and all my attempts would've failed. So, I'm following him up the stairs out the door, as he is slowly making his way, slightly bent over. I'm wondering how he will get thru the day, and he turns and looks at me and says, "I don't know how this happened, but I think I pulled a back muscle while I was sleeping." While I'm a bit stunned at how something like this happens...I have a big smile and say, "wow, 38 really looks great on you!" We both share a good laugh. As of now, we have yet to go to a doctor, we are pretty sure it is not broke, and his back still seems to be the worst of his problems.

1 comment:

Meredith Adair said...

Poor Chad... Happy 38th! : )